The Daddy Tag Challenge #TheDaddyTag – The Frenchie Mummy
Are you a Stay at Home Daddy or a Working Daddy?
- Working Daddy
Would you have it any other way?
- I only know one way, but wouldn’t mind being a Stay at Home Daddy at one point in my kids’ lives.
Do you co-change dirty nappies? Even the very smelly ones?
- Of course. I’ve cleaned poop and pee off the walls too!
A little fairy gives you the possibility of breastfeeding? Are you going for it or do you run away?
- Yes, definitely. I would love to really know the pain and struggle my wife went through and be able to better understand it. And, breastfeeding is a bond us dads will never understand.
What is the one must-have item for a daddy?
- A big jar of patience.
How many kids do you plan on having?
- We have two and plan on having no more.
Lads’ nights? How often do you have them?
- I play ice hockey once a week with the boys.
Your children’s favourite achievement?
- For my four-ish year old daughter it was being the “snack sheriff” and “special helper” in her Junior Kindergarten class. For my two-ish year old boy, it’s likely going to the potty all by himself – but he loves and smiles through most days.
What is your best memory with your kid(s)?
- I feel like every day is a memory. I remember both their births like it was yesterday. I also remember my daughter being maybe 5-months old and I was sleeping on the floor in her room. She had a cold and we were worried (first kid). At some point she woke up and looked through her crib and saw me lying there, looking at her. A huge smile and look of surprise came across her face. The look was like “you’re here!!!!!”.
Name one thing you miss since being a daddy?
- More weekend time to enjoy a newspaper and a good cup of coffee at a coffee shop
Weight gain, before pregnancy, during, after and now? And we mean YOU DADDY, not the mummy!
Dream holiday with your kids?
Dream holiday without your kids or even without the other half? (You’re allowed to dream)
How has your life changed since having kids?
- I like to think I am the same person, just with more responsibility, knowledge and life experience.
Finish the sentence “It makes my heart melt when…”
- When my kids play/communicate with each other
Favourite beers brands and football team?
- Rochefort (Belgian) and Toronto FC (MLS)
Huggies or Pampers?
Have you always wanted kids?
Best part of being a dad?
- It’s almost impossible to accurately capture “the best part of being a dad”. From the warmth and pride when they rest their heads on your shoulder as you hug/hold them, to them being captivated while you teach them something new. And, holding their hand and them squeezing it tighter as you walk into a busy place/new situation.